- About IAMCR
- Sections and Working Groups
- Thematic Organization
- Media and Communication Production & Consumption
- Media, Communication, Participation & Community
- Media and Communication Policy & Law
- Media and Communication Education & Journalism
- Cross-Cutting Themes in Media and Communication
- All Sections and Working Groups
Political Economy Section - Photos
Page under construction...
IAMCR on Facebook
This book argues for the central role of media in understanding globalization. Indeed, the author convincingly shows that globalization could not have occurred without media. From earliest times, humans have used media to explore, settle, and globalize their world. In our day, media have made the world progressively 'smaller' as nations and cultures come into increasing contact. Decades ago Marshall McLuhan prophesied that media technology would transform the world into a 'global village.' Slowly, fitfully, his vision is being fulfilled.Read more...