- About IAMCR
- Sections and Working Groups
- Thematic Organization
- Media and Communication Production & Consumption
- Media, Communication, Participation & Community
- Media and Communication Policy & Law
- Media and Communication Education & Journalism
- Cross-Cutting Themes in Media and Communication
- All Sections and Working Groups
IAMCR on Facebook
The Production of Modernization: Daniel Lerner, Mass Media, and 'The Passing of Traditional Society'
by Hemant Shah
Daniel Lerner's 1958 book The Passing of Traditional Society was central in shaping Cold War era ideas about the use of mass media and culture to promote social and economic progress in postcolonial nations. This book examines Lernerâs work and the intellectual trajectory of his thinking about mass media and modernization.Read more...